Wednesday 2 April 2014

Dresden Doesn't Exist, Claims Professor

Speaking at the Stoke International Science Conference, Professor Keith Bunnies shocked delegates in his keynote speech by declaring that the Stoke town of Dresden doesn't actually exist and is just a figment of everyone's imagination.

"I have never met anyone from Dresden," he roared. "I have never met anyone who has been to Dresden. This town does not exist and was created as part of our collective guilt for destroying the German city of the same name during WW2, a move which in turn promoted Stoke to being the number one pottery manufacturer in the world. Before the war, only Dresden produced more pottery than Stoke."

Dresden in Stoke

"I don't know that I agree with this theory," said fellow Professor Mick Mallet. "He does have a point about Dresden though, I've never met anyone who's been there either. Makes you think."

Further speeches at the conference covered topics such as global warming and fracking.

1 comment:

  1. There is a silence, more deathly than the sound of keyboards typing out comments to this witty blogg, drifting along Ricardo Street Dresden where as a child I played. But of Dresden's existence I admit to nothing.

    ReplyDelete